MILITARY SERVICE: US Navy, Coronado Island, San Diego, Ca, 1974 to 1978: tour of duty/ Illustration Draftsperson, honorable discharge.
Fine Artist, Art consulting services, real estate art staging, interior and exterior design. Fine art instruction and art therapy. Business consulting via portfolio investments. Art exhibition coordination, Art auction arranger and host of exhibition of art show projects and venues. Medical Illustration. Illustration drafting/US Navy/Vietnam era, 1974 to 1978.
ART CENTER OF DESIGN (FINE ART / ILLUSTRATION)
VA WESTERN REGIONAL ART COMPETITION/EXHIBITION, WEST LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 03/2016
HALE ARTS SPACE, SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA 10/2015
THE SABAN THEATER, ART AUCTION, BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA ART AUCTION, JUNE 2014
SAN DIEGO ART FESTIVAL, EXHIBITION 2014
THE INKSPOT GALLERY, LAGUNA BEACH, CALIFORNIA, OCTOBER, 10TH THRU OCTOBER 29TH, 2013
VETERAN ART SHOW, SWARTHY’S BARBER & SALON, PASADENA, CA, JULY 8TH,2013
AMAZING GRACE GALLLERY, LAS VEGAS NEVADA, SETEMBER,2013 TO JANUARY, 2013
SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, MAY, 2013 ANNUAL WOMEN’S VETERANS ART EXHIBITS
LOS ANGELES, CITY HALL, EXECUTIVE GALLERY, “VIBRANT NATURE & UNIVERSE SENSATIONS” SERIES JUNE,2008 TO 2011
NESTLE’S CORPORATION, GLENDALE, CA, CELEBRATING WOMEN’S ART EXHIBIT, 2009
THE LYNN SWANN GOLF CLASSIC, 2008, FUND RAISING FOR THE BIG BROTHERS & BIG SISTERS NON-PROFIT, VENTURA, CALIFORNIA
NOTABLE ART ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Artist’s creation series: “Vibrant Nature & Universe Sensations”. A collection of works, celebrating nature and its grace.
· Founder of the “The Veterans Art Venue: a non-profit veteran organization.
· Contract awarded to provide art for the interiors for The Menlo Housing project for veterans, 2015 & 2016
· First Place Winner of the VA Western Regional Arts Competition 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
· The Saban Theater, Beverly Hills, Ca, Meroe Gallery & Amazing Grace Gallery, of La Vegas NV, coordinated an art auction to raise funds for The California Veterans Homes of West Los Angeles, Ca. 2014
· Invited by Plowshares to Snowshoes, San Francisco: 2013 & 2014 & 2015
· Invited by the art curator of the Los Angeles City Hall to display art series for three years.2010 to 2013
· 2008 Article in The Argonaut of Marina Del Rey, California
· Medical illustration: John Hopkins (Private Medical Publication work).1988
· Founder and Director of “The Veteran Art Venue “. Lead art exhibitions and art auctions to raise funds for worthy veteran causes.
· Art instructor to veteran’s patients of PTSD via a grant award by The Annenberg Foundation/Strawberry Flag, Summer Session of 2010.
· Service officer for The American Legion Post #322:
· Coordinated art exhibitions to pay tribute to veterans within the art community.
DIRECTOR |MEROEGALLERY 2005 TO PRESENT
· Providing original and reproductive giclee sales of art and consulting services to clients. Interior and exteriors advisory design, art investments and humanitarian endeavors, via The Veterans Art Venue.
PHYLLIS T. MILLER-ARTIST STATEMENT
My art series, “Vibrant Nature & Universe Sensations” is a contribution and a celebration of nature and its grace. My most proud endeavor, to continue to provide the healing benefits of art to our communities of veterans and civilians. Art is an evoking energy, it creates a philosophy of exploration of reflection, a bi product to unified humanity.
Phyllis T. Miller