• Digital Film-Making, New York Film Academy, New York, 2007
• A+ Computer and Web Design, Micro Power Institute, New York, 2003.
• Cibachrome Printing, International Center of Photography, 1990.
• MA in Mixed-Media, Highest Honors, University of South Carolina, 1984.
• MFA in Painting, Highest Honors, M.S. University, India, 1976.
• BFA in Painting, Highest Honors, M.S. University, India, 1974.
• Have held solo exhibitions at: Jehangir Art Gallery and Tao Gallery, Bombay (2005); Gallery ArtsIndia, New York (2004); Gallery Sumukha, Bangalore (2003); Apparao Galleries, Bombay, Madras and New Delhi (2000); Bose Pacia Modern, New York City (1998); Gallery 7, Bombay and Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi (1997); Gallerie 24, The Hague (1994); Center for Contemporary Art, New Delhi (1990); Gallery Chemould, Bombay (1986 and 1993); Girdharbhai Sangrahalaya Museum, Amreli, India (1987): Contemporary Art Gallery, Ahmedabad (1983); Max Mueller Bhavan, Bombay (1981); Jehangir Art Gallery, Bombay (1980); Hutheesing Visual Art Center, Ahmedabad (1979) Art Heritage Gallery, New Delhi (1978 and 1982);
• Have had invited participation in: Mueller-Plate Gallery 10th Anniversary Show, Germany, 2007; ERASING BORDERS at Queens Museum (2006); HOME AND THE WORLD at Rutgers University (2005); TIMELESS VISION at Peabody Essex Museum, Salem (1999) and at Haggerty Museum, Milwaukee (2000); KALIGHAT PAITING at Los Angeles County Museum of Art, (1999); EPIC REALITY at Houston Contemporary Art Museum (1997); THE OTHER WAY OF SEEING at Museum voor Volkenkunde, Rotterdam (1992); ); SOUTH OF THE WORLD at Galleria Civica D’Arte Contemporanea with Museo Civico, Milan (1991); CHINA-JUNE 4 at P.S. 1 Museum, New York (1990); ARTIST IN MARKETPLACE at the Bronx Museum (1988); FLAMES OF INDIAN ART at Worcester Art Museum (1986) and FESTIVAL OF INDIA exhibitions at NYU’s Grey Art Gallery, Bucknell University’s Center Art Gallery, Robert Hull Fleming Museum and Hood Museum (1985-1986).
• Had won the following fellowships, awards and grants in recognition of creative accomplishments: NYFA/FEGS Grants for Digital Film-making, 2007; New York State Consortium for Workers’ Education Grants for Computer Literacy (2003); Beaumont Foundation of America Technology Grant (award of a laptop computer) (2003); New York Foundation Arts Recovery Grant (2002); New York Association for New Americans Grant (2001); Pollock-Krasner Foundation Fellowship (1994); Artist’s Fellowship of the New York Foundation for the Arts (1990); Gottlieb Foundation Medical Grant (1990); Asian Cultural Council Fellowship (1983/84); MicKissick Museum Drawing Award (1983); Research Fellowship of Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi (1980/81); Cultural Fellowship of Culture Ministry of India (1975/77); OASIS Painting Award (1976); National Scholarship, India (1974).
COLLECTIONS: 1975 – 2007
• My art works are in the following collections: National Lalit Kala Akademi; Gujarat State Lalit Kala Akademi; Punjab University Museum; Lintas India; Tata Corporation; Max Mueller Bhavan; Swedish Embassy; Museum voor Volkenkunde, Rotterdam; Peabody Essex Museum; Lufthansa German Airlines; Asian American Arts Center; Asian Cultural Council; Darpana Dance Academy, India; Haryana State Tourism Corporation; Chester and Davida Herwitz Trust; The Alkazi Collection and private collections.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: 1975 – 2007
• Had works published in the following books: HOME AND THE WORLD, Cambridge Scholars’ Press (2007); CONTEMPORARY INDIAN ART – Other Realities, Marg Publication, (2002); COMERADES AT ODDS, Cornell University Press (2000); CONTEMPORARY ART IN BARODA, Mapin Publication (1997); MYTEC DIRECTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHERS, Mytec Press (1991); CONTEMPORARY INDIAN ART, NYU Press (1985/86); FESTIVAL OF INDIA, Harry N. Abrams (1985) and in art journals (Marg, ART Asia Pacific, Asian Art News, Flash Art, Art in America, ART India, FOTOart etc.), museums/auctions/galleries catalogues and on the web, keyword: Vinod Dave
• Had been on experts’ panels at: Asia Society, 1984 and Asian American Arts Center, 1998. Given visiting lectures at: National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, 1979; and School of Visual Arts, New York, 1993.
• Directed summer camps at the Yoga Retreat in Stroudsburg, 1986 to 1991.
• Professor of Art at C. N. College of Fine Arts, India, 1977 to 1982.
• Directed art workshops of Gujarat State Lalit Kala Akademi, I 1978 to 1981.
• My works have been auctioned annually by: Sotheby’s and Christie’s, CRY Foundation, South Asia Against AIDS Foundation and Pakistani Literacy Fund for charitable fundraising purposes.
RESEARCH: 1975-1976 and 1983-1984
• Wrote two masters’ theses: 1) Visions of the Essence (1984) and 2) Surrealistic and Expressionistic Tendencies in Contemporary Indian Art (1976).